We're all unpacked and settled in the TS (temporary shelter). Since we've moved in we've heard countless barred owls, a loon, deafening spring peepers, we've seen downy woodpeckers, flickers, and all kinds of other birds that I'm working on identifying. We had 3 wild turkey's in our front yard on Sunday and Monday.
We've only had 2 visitors to the suet I've put out. A downy woodpecker and a blue jay.
Suet and Six Guns Shootin' (target practice in the background)
We had a lot of work to do on Good Friday. We had to unpack, clean and work on a few things to make the TS livable until we can move into our cordwood home in a couple of years. One of the major things we did was to get some running water happening. Remember the photo of the barrel I posted earlier? Well, we pumped spring-fed pond water into the 576 litre barrel. So, now we have running water to do dishes and clean. Pretty convenient.
Getting pipe from the maple woods
Dragging the pipe from the pond to the TS
Spring-fed pond where we're getting our water supply from
Flowing water
Can't believe it!
Just pourin' into the sink!
Having water is very convenient, and I must say that life in the TS is very comfortable. The only thing that isn't convenient is having to shower down at B's parents house, but it hasn't bothered me yet and their house isn't too far.
Along with getting the water hooked up, we also set a TV up. This TV is seriously old. There aren't any hookup's for a DVD player, so we had to take a trip into town to get an antenna connector and DVD connector. Now, we get 3 channels! Woohoo! And we can watch our music documentaries and other films.
The TS from the water barrel
Belmont Lake in the background
Now that we're all moved in, Lily has been spending quite a lot of time with us up there!
A new home for our car Little Itty Bitty Betty Bumper Sticker





















The place looks great! Nice to see you've got running water, a happy dog and your vinyl collection! What more do you need, really?
ReplyDeleteI know! I've got it made, that's for sure!
ReplyDeletelolololololol OMG Cobi, well done my wonderful daughter!! I love the fact that you have a added friend at the TS, Lilly!! That is hilarious!! I am very happy for you and Bryc-ster...
ReplyDeleteQuestion; about the water, how is it going to work in the winter time?? The water freezing in barrel? Just curious!!
Momma xoxo
Lily is hilarious! She's been up there since Friday! We've got to bring some food up for her. I'm afraid she'll never leave.
ReplyDeleteDuring the winter, we're going to have to put a large rain barrel on the second floor of the TS. It won't freeze, because we'll always have it heated. If we're not home in time to put wood into the stove, then we can have a heater kick in on a timer.
seriously. you have 2 more channels than i do.
ReplyDelete