1st time home builders - mortage free!

.

Monday, April 11, 2011

What a fantastic weekend!

B and I did a little decorating on Friday night to the upstairs of the TS (Temporary Shelter) - what will be our bedroom.  The walls just had vapor barrier on them, so we wanted to spruce it up a bit.  We stapled a few tapestries that I had brought home from London with me to the walls.  Looks pretty psychedelic!




Saturday was gorgeously warm and sunny.  I even managed to get a bit of colour on my face.  We finished the floor in the TS - securing it.  We put an extra step in the outhouse and buried the electrical wire in 4 places; digging and burying.  I supervised most of that operation while B got to work.

Me supervising!




Hooked up a hose to the kitchen tap.  There is a big barrel sitting on higher land, so we will have gravity fed water coming from the barrel into the kitchen sink.  We'll probably have to fill it every couple of weeks, which shouldn't be so bad.  I will enjoy the convenience of just turning the kitchen tap on and having water.




I have to say that I'm really enjoying the confidence I'm getting with the saw, the nail gun and the tape measure.  I've got to get myself an awesome tool belt, work boots, measuring tape, carpenter's pencils, and callused hands.  Working hard is fun.

We called it a day around 3pm.  That evening we treated ourselves to an evening out celebrating Cambodian New Year with B's brother and sister in law.  My sister in law is Cambodian and there's always a great shindig in April to celebrate the New Year.  Food was amazing, music was great, and dancing.  It was a good night with great company and it was especially nice to see my brother and his wife.

We gave ourselves the day off on Sunday and enjoyed the April showers and thunderstorms.  And ended the day off with a wonderful dinner with B's family.  We love Sunday dinners!

The TS after the big clean up



Many a bon fire will be had here


When Nature Calls


I have a feeling that the next post will be about debarking cedar logs!

2 comments:

  1. Lookin good Cobi and Bryce! Lots of hard work ahead of you but I know you're both up for the challenge. The blog idea is great! let's me follow along and stay on top of where you're at!

    Love You Both!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that the bear head is still up. It scared Thomas so badly New Year's Eve two (or was it three) years ago that we had to cover it with a blanket! It should keep nightmares away!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete