B is quite familiar with the land since it is where he grew up. It's not just a piece of land, but a land with connection and meaning. I have fallen for this land ever since B started taking me for walks through it.
There a lot of things to think about when planning to build. How close or far from the road can the home be? Is there sufficient southern and western sun exposure? Is the site zoned for a small hobby farm? So far, the lay of the land and what it's zoned for is right up our alley. We couldn't ask for a more compromising piece of land. I am anxious to get a site plan together. I'm not excited about the cost of the permit, but excited to start placing and planning our life on the property.
It's so diverse. Ponds, wetlands, fields, ridges, natural springs, our own sugar bush, some hills, cedar woods and such lovely white pines. I can't wait to be on the land permanently and start a relationship with it.
We didn't see much, just a few deer, rabbit and turkey tracks. We did however find moose tracks. It would be unbelievable to look out the window and see a moose.
I can't wait to look out of the windows at the TS at life in the country.
The Building Lot Beside the Road
Water Runs Through it
Field No. 1
Pond and White Pine
The Beaver Dam
More Water Runs Through It
Our Sugar Bush
Field No. 2
Field 2 and Sugar Bush
Field No. 2
No comments:
Post a Comment