Since B and I have started this journey, things have been falling into place left, right and center! A plan to move into the TS (temporary shelter) turned out to be a viable option for us. Yes it has no running water or electricity, but something has changed there.
It was suggested to us to run an electrical cord from the barn nearby to the TS. When I first heard this suggestion, I certainly didn't get my hopes up! It was too good to be true. Upon looking into this option further, we have found out that it is possible (and at an incredible rate $), and we're going to pick up the electrical cord today for 30amp service in the TS! UNBELIEVABLE! This means that we don't have to spend $2,000 on a propane fridge, or run the existing lights on propane. For us, that would mean a trip into town with the propane tank every 10-12 days.
One of the challenges for me personally is having to part with my gorgeous piece of vinyl cabinet that B had made for me (by his brother at Tall Tree Farm) for Christmas a couple of years ago. The cabinet is gorgeous, and the vinyl stocked in there is treasure. Every time you open the drawers, there's treasure just waiting to be heard.
I could potentially bring it all to the TS, if there is space for it of course.
Aside from the cedar logs not being ready to be debarked, everything else seems to be working out for us. We know it's not always going to be this easy, but we're going to enjoy the ride while it's easy for us right now.


Cobi, we just cut down some pines today for the newel posts and handrail for the staircase. We started debarking it right away and it's coming off really easy. I hate to keep repeating myself but ARE YOU OR HAVE YOU TRIED A DRAW KNIFE. That's what they're meant for. Maybe it's the difference between pine and cedar.
ReplyDeleteHi Pam,
ReplyDeleteWe need to get a draw knife, I agree. We're heading out to the farm tomorrow and will give a go at debarking. Our plan is to hook the electrical wire up, but if the bark a-peelin', we'll be debarkin'!