1st time home builders - mortage free!

.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

I Don't Mind Choppin' Wood

Our delivery arrived right on schedule!  B spent a couple of days cutting it all with the chainsaw, and then we borrowed B's dad's wood splitter, and have been doing that.  He splits, I stack.




 My first wood pile!

And... glad I have a man who can cook!

Lately, we've been discussing how to insulate the floor before winter.  We're going to be away on our honeymoon for a month, so these decisions have to be made.  
I'm suggesting to spray foam the whole thing, although it is our most expensive option.  If it's too expensive, then styrofoam boards and we'll have to but a vapour barrier; maybe tyvek.

I'm not putting too much thought into it now because we're getting married in 5 weeks and it's all about that at the moment!

1 comment:

  1. you can put R20 Roxull insulation under there and maybe staple a layer of styrofoam over that to keep warmth in and critters out.v Then you really wouldn't need vapor barrier at all. Then it would breathe and stay dry all winter. Dad

    ReplyDelete